Rules of entry
1. The Photography Annual is open to independent photographers, agencies or clients. Multiple entries can be made into the same category. The Photography Annual is open to countries worldwide. Ensure you check the ‘launched or published' period below (see 2.) to make sure your entry is eligible.
2. Any work entered must have been produced or first launched/broadcast/published between 2nd June 2012 and 2nd June 2013 to be eligible for entry. Please view the Judging Criteria page for the criteria against which your entry will be judged.
3. All entrants must complete the online part of the entry process via the Make an Entry page. All entries must include an explanatory brief. Entries will not be accepted by any other means.
4. Projects may be entered into more than one category as appropriate, but an entry fee of £60 + UK VAT (Single Entry) or £80 + UK VAT (Series Entry) must be paid for each entry submitted. We are not able to invoice for entries, however, you will find a pro-forma invoice included in your email confirmation received upon submission.
5. Creative Review takes no responsibility for any entrants who receive a discount code in error or have it forwarded by the intended recipient. The discount code is only valid to certain organizations. If the discount code is used by entrants that are not part of the intended recipients organization the entry will be disqualified until the remaining fee is paid and no refund will be administered for the original payment.
6. When entries are submitted on behalf of clients by agencies or other parties, Creative Review will assume client approval has been secured by the entering agency. If any issues arise concerning client sign-off once the entry has been submitted, no refund will be given.
7. All credits must be detailed when entering online. All information provided at the time of entry will be used to credit published work; however Creative Review reserves the right to amend your copy in order to adhere to editorial style where appropriate. If necessary this information may be condensed or edited for space in the issue, so please consider this when submitting. Creative Review accepts no responsibility for incorrect information provided.
8. Creative Review assumes that all entries are original and are the works and property of the entrant/client the work is submitted on behalf of. As a condition of entry, the entrant grants Creative Review permission to reproduce the works in print and in digital format and attests that they have the right to grant this permission. Creative Review will not be held liable for any action or claim arising out of the reproduction of entered works in whatever format.
9. Extended entry Deadline: midnight on Friday 6th September 2013. Entries may be edited up until the point of 'submission'; all submissions must be made by midnight on Friday 6th September 2013. Entries will not be considered fully submitted until the entrant proceeds to the payment stage and selects a payment method.
10. Payments must be cleared by Friday 6th September 2013. Once submitted, entries are confirmed and non-refundable. Failure to do so may result in your work not making it to the judges for review.
11. Any entry may be withdrawn for any reason up until midnight on Friday 6th September 2013 upon written request to the organisers; however the entry fee is non-refundable.
12. The judges reserve the right to re-categorise entries if they think another category would be more suitable. However, they cannot be expected to routinely re-categorise incorrectly entered projects.
13. Centaur Events/Creative Review accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage of material submitted.
14. When making your entry you may upload 1 image for a Single Entry a maximum of 6 images for a Series Entry. Where the category deems that it would also be helpful to submit an image of the work in context, additional images will be accepted.
15. Work should be submitted in the following formats: RGB jpeg or tif for still images, and mov, mpeg, mp4 or mp3 files for moving image entries. Please ensure that your explanatory brief and any supporting material do not exceed the maximum upload limit of 5MB per entry.
16. The judges' decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding them.
17. Judges are not allowed to select work commissioned by themselves or by their organisation. Please bear this in mind when entering your work.
18. Should your work be selected it will only be published once in the Photography Annual. The organisers will not refund duplicate projects made into different categories.
19. All entrants will be notified as to the status of their entries after the judging is complete. Selected entries will be published in the December 2013 edition of Creative Review (on stands November 2013)
By submitting an entry the entrant confirms that they have read and agree with the Rules of Entry and understand these now apply.
If you have already begun but not yet submitted your entry/ies please click here to edit/submit your entries.
To register and make an entry today click here.