Rules of entry
1. The Photography Annual is open to independent photographers and anyone commissioning photography, including ad agencies, in-house marketing departments, brands, magazines, publishers, stock libraries, CG houses etc. Multiple entries can be made into the same category. The Photography Annual is open to countries worldwide. Ensure you check the ‘launched or published' period below (see 2.) to make sure your entry is eligible
2. Any work entered must have been produced or first launched/broadcast/published between 18th August 2014 and 18th September 2015 to be eligible for entry. Please view the Judging Criteria page for the criteria against which your entry will be judged
3. All entrants must complete the online part of the entry process via the Make an Entry page. All entries must include an explanatory brief. Entries will not be accepted by any other means
4. An entry fee of £80 + UK VAT must be paid for each entry submitted. We are not able to invoice for entries. (Student Photographer entries will not be charged)
5. When entries are submitted on behalf of clients by agencies or other parties, Creative Review will assume client approval has been secured by the entering agency. If any issues arise concerning client sign-off once the entry has been submitted, no refund will be given
6. All credits must be detailed when entering online. All information provided at the time of entry will be used to credit published work; however Creative Review reserves the right to amend your copy in order to adhere to editorial style where appropriate. If necessary this information may be condensed or edited for space in the issue, so please consider this when making your submission. Creative Review accepts no responsibility for incorrect information provided
7. Creative Review assumes that all entries are original and are the works and property of the entrant/client the work is submitted on behalf of. As a condition of entry, the entrant grants Creative Review permission to reproduce the works in print (including the cover of the magazine) and in digital format in relation to the Photography Annual and its promotion and attests that they have the right to grant this permission. The entrant also indemnifies Creative Review against any complaint/action arising out of the publication of the entered images and guarantees that they have sought and received all necessary permissions (including model releases) in relation to the work and its publication by Creative Review. Creative Review will not be held liable for any action or claim arising out of the reproduction of entered works in whatever format
8. Entry Deadline: midnight on Friday 18th September 2015. Entries may be edited up until the point of 'submission'; all submissions must be made by midnight on Friday 18th September 2015. Entries will not be considered fully submitted until the entrant proceeds to the payment stage and selects a payment method
9. Payments must be cleared by Friday 18th September 2015. Once submitted, entries are confirmed and non-refundable. Failure to do so may result in your work not making it to the judges for review
10. Any entry may be withdrawn for any reason up until midnight on Friday 18th September 2015 upon written request to the organisers; however the entry fee is non-refundable
11. The judges reserve the right to re-categorise entries if they think another category would be more suitable, and to edit the number of entries in a series to be featured in the final publication. However judges should not be expected to routinely re-categorise incorrectly entered projects
12. Centaur Events/Creative Review accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage of material submitted
13. When making your entry you may upload 1 single image, or up to 6 related images (to form a series).
14. Work should be submitted online in the following formats: RGB jpeg or tif for still images, and for moving image entries mov files using the H264 codec or mp4 files. Please ensure that the images supplied online do not exceed the maximum upload limit of 5MB per entry
15. The judges' decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding them
16. Should your work be selected it will only be published once in the Photography Annual. The organisers will not refund duplicate projects made into different categories
17. All entrants will be notified as to the status of their entries after the judging is complete. Selected entries will be published in the December 2015 edition of Creative Review (on stands November 2015)
18. A maximum of two entries may be made into the Student Photographer category, each consisting of 1-6 pieces of related work. Students must currently be enrolled at a university or must have graduated in the year 2015. Credentials will be checked thoroughly, proof of enrollment at place of study may be requested by Creative Review prior to selection of winners.
By submitting an entry the entrant confirms that they have read and agree with the Rules of Entry and understand these now apply.